When does it run?
Both tours operate daily
The Hop-On, Hop-Off Ticket is valid for 1 day. The Muir Woods Tour lasts 4 hours.
Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour: Frequent departures from 9.00am to 7.00pm.
Union Square Tour Center: 9:00am and 2:00pm
Fisherman's Wharf Tour Center: 9:30am and 2:30pm
Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour: you may board the bus at any of the stops and exchange your voucher directly with the driver
• Union Square Tour Center, 478 Post Street (between Mason St & Powell St) across the street from the Westin St. Francis Hotel.
• Fisherman's Wharf Tour Center, 2800 Leavenworth - Anchorage Square building at the corner of Leavenworth & Jefferson Streets.
Complimentary shuttle pick up and drop to and from most hotels in San Francisco is also provided. (Please call 24 hours prior to reconfirm the pick-up point)
San Francisco Hop-On, Hop-Off Tour
The hop-on, hop-off facility lets you explore all the sights at your leisure. Choose from more than 20 stops and visit popular attractions like Fisherman’s Wharf, Palace of Fine Arts, Haight Ashbury and so much more!
The San Francisco Big Bus Classic ticket includes a 1-day hop-on, hop-off bus tour, along with 4 FREE walking tours. Each tour is led by a qualified guide who gives you an insight into the area’s history and culture. The 4 walking tours are approximately 1-hour long:
• Chinatown Walk: Starts at 10:00am and 2:00pm from Stop 6.
• North Beach Walk: Starts at 4:00pm from Stop 3.
• Barbary Coast Walk: Starts at 12:00pm from Stop 4.
• Fisherman’s Wharf Walk: Starts at 11:00am and 2:00pm from Stop 1.
Muir Woods Tour
At the start of the day, a shuttle will pick you up from your San Francisco hotel (remember to call the activity operator 24 hours ahead to confirm pick-up) and take you to tour center to board your coach.
You will drive out of town and through Marin County, one of America’s wealthiest areas, where you can admire the beautiful mansions set in immaculate gardens.
You will arrive at Muir Woods National Forest, one of the last remaining stands of Coast Redwoods. Among nature’s grandest creations, the sky-piercing giants in this forest can grow to almost 260 feet and live for more than 1,000 years. Walk through the cool green trails and gaze up at the towering trees. Many of them will be around 45 times as tall as you are!
Travel to the seaside town of Sausalito, where hillsides grade gracefully to an attractive shoreline and the breathtaking Golden Gate Bridge takes shape in the distance. Cliff-hanging cottages and luxurious houseboats give Sausalito a Mediterranean flavor, but the art galleries, shops and inhabitants have an unmistakably Californian character.
From here you have 2 options:
1. Stay in Sausalito and get the ferry back to San Francisco. The ferry fee must be paid at your own expense.
2. Travel back to San Francisco with the tour group and end the tour in San Francisco